Careless discarding of smoking materials is cause of mobile home fire

SUDLERSVILLE — Investigators have determined that a house fire here Monday afternoon, Nov. 6 was accidental, caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials.

No injuries were reported.

The occupants were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross, according to a news release from the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

The news release and online records of the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation identified Ryan Barrett as the owner of the one-story, wood framed mobile home at 6128 Sudlersville Road.

According to the news release, Barrett discovered the fire at 12:34 p.m.

Investigators reported that a smoke alarm was present and activated.

About 30 firefighters answered the alarm and brought the fire under control in 30 minutes, according to investigators.

Sudlersville Volunteer Fire Company was the primary responder.

The fire originated on an outdoor back deck.

According to the news release, loss is estimated to be $30,000 to the structure and $10,000 to its contents.

Any related posts will be listed here:

Skip to content