Fire originated in kitchen; caused by ‘electrical event’ in area of microwave

CENTREVILLE — Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling a house fire Friday, April 19 in the 100-block of Coon Run Lane, according to the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Investigators have made a preliminary finding that the fire, which originated in the kitchen, was accidental.

It was the result of an “electrical event in the area of the microwave,” according to a news release.

The fire marshal’s office and the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation online records list the homeowners as James and Marsha Klimm.

According to the news release, a neighbor reported the fire at 9:26 a.m.

A total of 30 firefighters answered the alarm and brought the fire under control in 30 minutes, according to the news release. 

Goodwill Fire Company of Centreville was the primary responder.

The Queen Anne’s County Sheriff’s Office and Queen Anne’s County Department of Emergency Services also responded.

A smoke alarm was present and activated, according to the news release.

Loss to the structure — a one-story, single-family dwelling — and contents was estimated to be $325,000.

The Goodwill Fire Company reported on its website that no one was in the house at the time of the fire, and that four dogs were assisted away from the house by neighbors.

 

Any related posts will be listed here:

Skip to content