Firefighters respond to commercial building alarm

CENTREVILLE — The Office of the State Fire Marshal determined that a commercial building alarm here Wednesday morning was accidental, but is continuing its investigation.

At about 7:35 a.m. Jan. 10, ABC Alarm Company was alerted by a motion detector in the business, identified as Callahan’s Gas & Appliance in the 100-block of North Commerce Street.

It was the alarm company that dispatched local fire and police, according to a news release from the fire marshal’s office.

Responding firefighters found signs of a small explosion and singed paper within the business, according to the news release.

“The investigation has determined this incident to be isolated and accidental due to complications with the propane at the business,” the news release states.

Anyone who has additional information should contact the fire marshal’s Upper Eastern Regional Office at 410-822-7609.

According to the news release, about a dozen firefighters responded to the scene and brought the situation under control in 20 minutes.

The primary responder was Goodwill Fire Company, Centreville.

No injuries were reported.

The preliminary report estimated loss to be $100,000.

Any related posts will be listed here:

Skip to content